Effective performance management aligns the efforts of managers and employees with
departmental and campus goals, promotes consistency in performance review, motivates
all employees to perform at their best, and is conducted with fairness and transparency.
The employee, the manager, and the University are critical members of a partnership
that ensures performance planning, review, coaching, and development.
- Employees at all levels are responsible for actively communicating with their managers
about their performance, taking an active role in planning for development, being
accountable for their actions, and continually striving for excellence in their performance
in support of departmental and campus goals.
- Managers are responsible for developing and reviewing performance expectations with
their employees, communicating throughout the performance management cycle about employees'
goals, performance, and development, recognizing successful performance and coaching
for improved performance, and ensuring that employees have the tools, resources, training,
and development needed to carry out their duties successfully.
- The University is responsible for providing an effective and fair performance management
system that encourages effective communication between employees and managers and
ensures that managers have the skills to carry out performance management successfully.
The links below provide more information on the CSUSM performance evaluation process:
- 2019 Performance Evaluation Schedule
- 2019 Performance Evaluation Workshops - To register for one of these workshops: Click on the hyperlinked “2019 Performance Evaluation Workshops” title, log in to
CSU Learn using your campus credentials. Once logged in, select the magnifying glass in the
top right corner of your screen to begin a search. Search for "Performance Evaluation
Workshop". Select the first link titled "Performance Evaluation Workshop". Click on
the REGISTER link in blue at the top right hand corner to view the available options.
Select the training applicable to you, at your preferred date and time and then
click "Submit" at the bottom of the page. Once registered, you will receive a confirmation
e-mail containing all of the workshop details.
- Represented Employees
- Performance Evaluation Forms
- Confidentials and MPPs - Overview and evaluation forms