department menu

Coursework Completed outside of the United States

Admission for Students with All or Part of Coursework Completed Outside of the United States

Please refer to the University Admissions Web site for the University admissions requirements, deadlines to apply, etc.

For the consideration to enter any of our Nursing Programs, the School of Nursing requires that any coursework completed outside of the United States must first be evaluated by one of the University's approved evaluation companies, if you want to use any of those credits to apply towards your BSN degree.  Please contact the University Office of Admissions and Recruitment for a list of approved Evaluation Companies, if desired.  A photcopy of the evaluation completed by the Evaluation Company must be submitted to the School of Nursing for all Pre-Nursing and Nursing Program applicants, if you want such coursework to apply towards your specific Nursing degree requirements. Please be aware that the University never accepts coursework completed outside of the U.S. to meet the Area A requirements, which are part of the CSU Pre-Nursing Core.

If you should decide to get an evaluation completed, the type of evaluation you are seeking needs to include the U.S. equivalency for college credit.  It needs to further provide the U.S. equivalency for each course, including course title, equivalent number of U.S. semester units, and grade equivalency to the U.S. grading structure.

Contact us at if you should have further questions.