The Recognizing Excellence program was developed to recognize and reward employees
for outstanding contribution to the campus, based on the Finance and Administrative
Services (FAS) Values and Core Competency.
The purpose of the recognition program is to:
- Identify and recognize FAS Employees who go above and beyond their responsibilities
- Reinforce the division’s mission “Excellence in service, partnerships, and results"
- Respond to Employee Engagement Survey results and the need for a more robust employee
- Motivate employees through building the FAS division culture by recognizing accomplishments
- Nominations are opened to the Division.
- All nominations are scrubbed of all identifying information and provided to a Selection
Committee comprised of FAS employees (including two awardees from the previous year).
- The Selection Committee reviews the anonymous nominations and then scores each from
1 to 5. The nominee with the highest overall score receives the award and is recognized
during the Division Meeting.
All previous nominees and awardees are listed here: Previous Recognizing Excellence Awardees
2021 Recognizing Excellence Awardees & Nominees:
Legendary Leader: Rayanne Weber (awardee), Amber Perez
Legendary Service: Angela Sanchez (awardee), Courtney Tamone, Reyna Tolento, Kristin Erickson, Stephanie
Pivot Award: Justine Cook (awardee), Jennifer Martin
PAW Award Collaboration: Anna Vazquez-Reyes (awardee), MarieChris Fernandez
PAW Award Continuous Improvement: Noella Richer (awardee)
PAW Award Positive Spirit: Paulette Renfro (awardee), Crystal Villalobos
Key Collaborator Award: CSUSM Athletics Department (Jennifer Milo and Todd Snedden)