Who is eligible to participate?
- A student at Escondido HS or Orange Glen HS
- A potential first-generation college student;
- A low-income (per fereal low-income guidelines); OR
- An individial who has a high risk for academic failure
- Has a need for academic support
Federal TRIO Programs
Current-Year Low-Income Levels
(Effective January 19, 2023 until further notice)
|Size of Family Unit
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional
family member: $7,710 (CA)
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income
for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
TRIO Upward Bound Program is made possible by a federal grant provided by the U.S.
Department of Education and in collaboration with California State University San
Marcos, Escondido High School and Orange Glen High School.