9th through 12th grade Students who are:
- Attend Escondido HS or Orange Glen HS
- Be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States
- Have an academic need and want to go to college
- Meet federal low-income guidelines and be first generation college bound (neither parents have completed a bachelor's degree)
|Size of Family Unit||Taxable Income|
For family units with more than eight members, add the following amount for each additional family member: $6,810
The term "low-income individual" means an individual whose family's taxable income for the preceding year did not exceed 150 percent of the poverty level amount.
Students possessing these characteristics:
- Academic discipline
- Sense of commitment
- Appreciation for cultural diversity
TRIO Upward Bound Program is made possible by a federal grant provided by the U.S. Department of Education and in collaboration with California State University San Marcos, Escondido High School and Orange Glen High School.