January 1, 2018
Effective January 1, 2018, mileage rates have increased to the following:
- .545 cents per mile
- .18 cents per mile for relocation mileage
Please refer to the Travel Forms page for updated 262's before submitting your claims for reimbursement. For any questions,
please contact the Travel Desk.
January 1, 2017
Per Assembly Bill 1887 (AB1887), the complete list of affected states will be maintained
on the California State Attorney General’s website, https://oag.ca.gov/ab1887. Please check this website regularly to ensure travel plans are not affected by the
-FAQs Regarding AB 1887
-CSU Chancellor’s Executive Order Regarding AB 1887
The Legislature created exceptions in AB 1887 that allow travel to banned states in
certain circumstances. (Gov. Code, § 11139.8, subd. (c).) These exceptions only apply
if travel to a subject state is "required." (Ibid.)
Specifically, AB 1887 does not apply to state travel that is required for any of the
- Enforcement of California law, including auditing and revenue collection.
- To meet contractual obligations incurred before January 1, 2017.
- To comply with requests by the federal government to appear before committees.
- To participate in meetings or training required by a grant or required to maintain
- To complete job-required training necessary to maintain licensure or similar standards
required for holding a position, in the event that comparable training cannot be obtained
in California or a different state not subject to the travel prohibition.
- For the protection of public health, welfare, or safety, as determined by the affected
agency, department, board, authority, or commission, or by the affected legislative
As of November 2015, the ICSUAM Travel Policy has been updated to reflect a change
in lodging rates and itemized receipts requirements based on IRS regulations.
- Nightly Lodging Limit increased from $195 to $275 per night before taxes.
- Increased limit of an item of expense requiring itemized receipts from $25 to $75.
NOTE: Please make sure to check with your department manager regarding receipts requirements.
For more information on our Travel Policy, refer to the CSU Handbook for more details.