Student Safety Ambassadors provide an important function for implementing COVID-19 safety during the phased return to campus. All COVID-19 Safety mitigating policies and procedures at the University require each individual on campus, student, staff, and faculty, to utilize personal responsibility for their personal behavior for the good of the community. Implementation of all safety plans have certain situations where the University and all the campus community are relying on the students, staff, and faculty to have personal responsibility to "do the right thing" in terms of complying with current guidelines, e.g. wearing a face covering, disinfecting hands frequently, and maintaining appropriate distance from others.
In order to support campus safety, the “Student Safety Ambassador" provides safety information and assistance services to those who are on campus, particularly students.
Student employees will be able to:
- Encourage compliance with University safety plans and policies specific to mitigation of COVID-19.
- Demonstrate ability to critically think through a process and identify ways to make it as safe as possible.
- Knowledge of assigned building(s) layout.
- Utilize campus resources to solve problems related to the job/assist in job duties.
- Recall training on use of PPE and strategies to encourage compliance with current guidelines.
Please email email@example.com with any questions or topic suggestions.