Frequently Asked Questions
Current Community Partners
- How do I update my information on the database?
Currently, the database is only accessible to students and faculty. Please contact us with your requested changes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be happy to assist you.
- How do I add an additional Service Learning opportunity?
Please use the New Service Learning Opportunity Form. Your opportunity will be reviewed and if approved, posted on the database within the week.
- How long will my service learning opportunity be posted?
The service learning opportunity will be available as an ongoing basis unless otherwise indicated.
- How am I able to promote my site?
Organizations wishing to promote a Service Learning organization can do so at our annual Internships & Service Learning fair hosted during our Spring semester.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com.
New Community Partners
- Do I have to be a non-profit in order to be a Service Learning site?
Yes, your organization must be a non-profit to qualify as a Service Learning site.
- What if I am a for profit and would like to participate in Service Learning?
If you are a for profit organization looking to participate in our Service Learning program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- What is the Request to Initiate Partnership Form?
Our Request to Initiate Partnership Form is an application for your organization to fill out in order to host Service Learning students. This is application will collect information about the details of your organization and the Service Learning Opportunity you will be promoting.
For specific questions regarding the form, please contact our office at email@example.com.
- When will my application be approved?
After submitting a Request to Initiate Partnership Form, your application is processed through our Director and Risk Management Team. Typically, requests are processed with in 5 - 7 business days.
Once your request has been process a member of our team will reach out to you with next steps.
Hosting a Service Learning Student
- Do I have to keep track of the student’s time spent at my organization?
Students are responsible for keeping track of their hours via a Service Learning timesheet.
Service Learning site supervisors may be asked to sign off of the Service Learning timesheet at the end of every month.
At the end of each semester the course instructors may reach out to the site supervisor for confirmation of the student’s hours.
- What do I do after I have accepted a Service Learning student?
Congratulations on hosting a Service Learning student! As a Service Learning co-educator you will help guide the student to help serve their community through educational services.
Together, you and your Service Learning Student will work together on tasks and projects that meet their Service Learning Objectives.
- Do I have to accept each student who contacts me?
Service Learning students are encouraged to reach out to mutliple sites. You are not obligated to accept a certain number of students per semester.
For specific questions , please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions Regarding K-12 Schools
- As a K – 12 staff member can I fill out an application for my district?
For liability insurance we ask all K - 12 staff members to consult with their district personnel prior to completing an application and accepting a Service Learning Student.
- I am a teacher at a K – 12 school, does my district need to fill out the application?
It is not required, but highly recommended, as there may be other documents that your district requires. If you would like to verify if your district is a current partner, please contact the Office of Service Learning at email@example.com.