CSUSM Student Organization Events
Welcome to the Student Event Planning site at California State University San Marcos! Included on this page are several resources to help you plan successful events for your student organization.
The SLIC team is dedicated to supporting student-driven events that provide an interactive learning environment for students. If you have any questions or would like additional support with the event-planning process, feel free to contact your organization's SLIC Coordinator listed at the bottom of the page. We look forward to planning with you!
Event Planning Procedures
For detailed event planning instructions, start by referring to the Student Org Handbook.
- The Basics of Campus Space Reservations
- Campus Event Planning & 25Live Training Video
- 25Live Instructions
- 25Live Reminders & Tips
- Event Policies & Procedures
- CSU Executive Order 966: Alcohol Sales and Advertising Policy
- CSUSM Policy on Public Assembly
Events with Food
For detailed policies and instructions on events with food, please refer to the Student Org Handbook.
- To ensure the public does not become ill from a food event on campus, a Temporary Food Facility Permit is required for public events where food is sold or given away. (Exception: Internal meetings and invitation-only events are generally excluded from these requirements because they are considered private events.)
- A valid Food Handlers Certification is required for all students setting up or serving food.
For additional information and details on food safety, please refer to the CSUSM Food Safety website.
If you have any questions regarding event planning, don't hesitate to contact your organization's SLIC Coordinator:
|Organization Category||SLIC Coordinator|
|Academic, Cultural, Honor Societies, Political Religious, Service, Special Interest, Sport Clubs||Tyler Vuillemot, Coordinator of Student Involvementemail@example.com|
|Fraternities & Sororities||Tony Pang,