Orientation for First Year students is designed to help incoming students feel welcomed
and a part of the CSUSM community.
Students can expect to:
- Meet fellow incoming students, current students, faculty, and staff
- Receive academic advising and course registration support
- Learn about CSUSM services, policies, and procedures
- Learn how to get involved on campus
- Explore the campus
First Year Orientation sessions are full-day program running running from 8:00am-5:00pm.
Options are available for students to attend alone (Student Only) or with guests (First
Year with English Speaking Family or First Year with Spanish Speaking Family). All
Orientations are major specific, date options are available within MyCSUSM once the
orientation reservation system is live.
Please Note: All newly admitted students must attend Orientation in order to finalize their course
schedule prior to the first day of the admitted semester.
Orientation dates will be open for reservations at the end of April via your MyCSUSM account.
If you have any questions, please contact Orientation & New Student Programs at (760)
750-4930 or Orientation@csusm.edu.
First Year with Family Orientations
- Family Orientations run concurrently to student sessions from 8:00am-5:00pm and are
offered on select First Year Orientation dates. Reservations for up to 2 guests per
student are permitted.
- We hold three Saturday Spanish Orientations that run concurrently to student sessions
from 8:00am-5:00pm. Reservations for up to 2 guests per student are permitted through
MYCSUSM under the Spanish Family Orientation Sessions.
First Year Student Next Steps Checklist
How to make an Orientation Reservation
- Submit Intent to Enroll
- Clear any Housing Holds (if applicable)
- Login to MyCSUSM and select "Orientation Sign Up"