CSUSM's Jazz Ensemble
Announcing the NEW MUSIC MAJOR
- A curriculum designed for maximum flexibility
- Learn in a state-of-the-art Music Lab
- Small class sizes, access to excellent faculty
- Study music in the context of an exciting liberal arts education
- Participate in various music ensembles
- Advanced music technology
- Exposure to world music cultures
- Students receive a foundation in solid traditional training as well as exposure to
advanced music technology and world music cultures.
- Our curriculum is designed with maximum flexibility, allowing students to create their
own courses of study, with advisement by a faculty mentor.
- Music majors may emphasize one of several areas, which include the following:
Music technology (music technology students present their work through digital media
or on the web), Composition
, World music
, or a combination of these.
- After completing a core of lower-division courses, students focus on their preferences
in upper-division work.
- Students create a senior capstone project of their own design that highlights the
skills learned in the major.
- Students in our program participate in ensembles, which include:
- Concert band
- Vocal ensemble
- Jazz ensemble
- Indonesian gamelan ensemble
- And other group or class performances