Media Fest Entry Form
Welcome Back! The 2024 Media Fest is Friday, May 10th, 2024 at 6pm in ARTS 111.
Submissions Due: Tuesday April 30th, by 5pm.
Cal State San Marcos Student Media Festival Entry Form
We are now accepting entries for the 2024 Media Fest. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 PM Tuesday, April 30th, 2024. Students have until 11:00 PM on Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 to upload their files. Please submit and upload your entry early due to the time it takes to upload and to avoid any technical issues.
Regulations & Eligibility:
- All CSUSM student work, from every university department, may be submitted for review and for the potential for Official Selection in the festival which may include cash and gift awards.
- Work may include projects made at CSUSM over the last two (23-24 and 22-23) academic years.
- Fill out the form below. Please double check that you have filled in every question.
- Upon correct completion of the entry form, you will be emailed directions on now to send your media file digitally; no DVD's or tapes will be accepted.
- Maximum length of films is 15 minutes.
- No entries will be accepted after the deadline on 5:00 PM Tuesday, April 30th, 2024.
- Students have until 11:00 PM on Wednesday, May 1st, 2024 to upload their files.
- The jury shall consist of distinguished students, alumni, teachers, community leaders, and members of the media (jury to be announced).
- We encourage early entry into the festival; getting your work to programmers early can be a good strategy for acceptance into this (and other) festivals.
- Students can submit multiple entries.
- If your work is chosen for the festival, you must attend. Make plans now to make May 10th, 2024, 5:30 – 10pm free.
The CSUSM Student Media Festival brings together hundreds of students, families, faculty,
the community, and professional media makers in a powerful celebration that presents,
celebrates, publicizes, shares, and archives the innovative media projects being produced
by students at CSUSM. Students have landed work as a result of their exposure at the
festival and gone onto careers in media and media-related fields.
Awards and prizes compete in categories which may include:
- Best Interactive Media
- Best Social Justice Project
- Best Fiction Narrative
- Best Documentary
- Best Experimental Film
- Best Editing
- Best Sound Design
- Audience Award
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the years, the Media Festival has received support from the School of Arts, the CHABBS Dean's Office, IITS, the Communication Department, Film Studies, the History Department, Literature and Writing, the Instructionally Related Activities Fund, the Media Makers Program, and Mr. Taco 2.
Check out the 2023 FINALISTS!
To enter, please fill out the form below and click "SUBMIT FORM". You will receive further instructions after your submission is appoved.
One submission per entry form please.