STEM Teaching Programs
Science and Mathematics Teaching
Discover how you can share your passion for science and mathematics through a career in teaching.
There is a critical need for science and math teachers, and you can be part of the solution. Check out the links below to learn more about teaching-related opportunities.
Activities & Programs
- CMST: The Cougar Math and Science Teacher scholarships provide support for future K-12 STEM teachers.
- Noyce: The Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program aims to increase the number of CSUSM mathematics and science students completing the math or science single subject credential program at CSUSM. Each Noyce Scholar receives a maximum of three years of scholarship support of up to $12,000 per year.
- PhysTEC: The PhysTEC project aims to improve and promote the education of future physics teachers.
- MSTI: The Math and Science Teacher Initiative is committed to doubling the annual number of students completing math and science credential programs at CSU campuses.
- LA Program: Modeled after the Learning Assistant program at the University of Colorado, the CSUSM LA program supports active learning in math and science courses and provides math and science majors with a structured introduction to teaching.