All CSUSM students get a cougars email for life!
Follow these instructions to access your cougars email:
1. Make sure you have already created your own password and have activated your campus
- Your campus username will consist of the first 5 letters of your last name and 3 generated
- If your name has less than 5 letters, then your entire last name will be used
- Examples: rodri874, smith999 and may098
- For instructions on how to change your password please go to the Username and Password page.
2. Go to www.gmail.com or http://mail.cougars.csusm.edu/
3. Type in your entire email address.
- Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Note: this is the only campus account where you will need to add "@cougars.csusm.edu"
4. Now enter in the password that you created.
5. You will now see your inbox.
- Make sure and check your cougars email regularly.
- Here you will receive emails from professors, campus wide announcements and classmates.
If you have any questions contact the Student Technology Help Desk.