College of Education, Health & Human Services (CEHHS)
Students in the College of Education, Health & Human Services (CEHHS) participate
in a variety of CSUSM supported off-campus learning opportunities including internships,
service learning and more. The following information is for students, faculty and
staff involved with these opportunities.
Step 1: Identify an Appropriate Organization
Students participating in CSUSM supported off-campus learning opportunities must obtain
the approval of their instructor or supervisor before working with an organization.
Often, Directors and faculty and staff advisors select the appropriate organization
for each student’s course or program. The following information is provided for faculty
and staff seeking to determine what organizations have been approved for students
to work with, or seeking approval for an organization that has not yet signed an agreement
- Approved organizations students can work with.
- If a student or Faculty/Staff advisor wants the student to work with an organization
not on the list, above, the student or Faculty/Staff advisor must notify the College
or School Partner well before the start of the semester. The Faculty/Staff advisor
will also need to submit a Request to Initiate Agreement as early as possible to allow
enough time for evaluation and processing. Please note, a request to add an organization
does not guarantee approval.
- Questions? Contact your College contact. For service learning, you can also contact the Office of Community Service Learning.
Step 2: Fill out Necessary Paperwork
- Visit the student registration page to begin the process for placement.
- Execute a Release and Guidelines for Student Conduct.
- Forward the signed Release and Guidelines to the Office of Community Service Learning prior
to beginning work with an organization. If possible, you are welcome to scan and email
PDF copies of the executed documents.