Student Help Desk Application
The Student Assistant Technicians for the Help Desk are the first point of contact
for students, staff and faculty seeking assistance for technology issues on campus.
They provide technical support over the phone and in person. The assistants also checkout
a wide range of classroom and technology-based equipment. Help Desk Assistants are
under the supervision of the Help Desk Manager and Help Desk staff. On the job training is provided.
- Identify, diagnose and work to resolve Tier 1 technical problems for hardware and
software related issues.
- Provided one-on-one support for users over the phone or face-to-face. Gathering information
related to the issue for troubleshooting and escalating problems as needed.
- Service PawPrint printers across campus by completing daily paper runs and re-filling
- Classroom/lab maintenance by dressing cabling, wiping down desks & monitors, and straightening
up the computers.
- Work on daily miscellaneous projects as it relates to the Help Desk.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be reliable, dependable, possess good communication and customer service skills,
use good judgment in decision making, manage time and resource efficiently.
- Basic working knowledge of desktop operating systems and basic support for mobile
devices, PCs and laptops.
- Ability to gain technical knowledge of campus supported software and systems
- Ability to correctly follow detailed procedures for daily tasks.
- Self starter that is willing to seek out tasks in the workplace.
- Able to troubleshoot issues to the fullest extent of your ability.
- Experience using Adobe, PowerPoint, or other media related programs to work on IITS