What is a Datatable Snippet?
Categorize/organize, filter, sort and search medium to large data sets in table format.
How to Use a Datatable Snippet:
- Open the page and click the area where the Datatable is supposed to be placed.
- Click the -OR- the (top-right of your page) to open the gadget side bar. Click the Snippets header to expand.
- Select Datatable from the Snippets menu.
- A table with display options will be added to your page:
- Set your table's options:
- Section 1: Enter x for each column that will be used as a filter; this is shown as Zone A in the table below.
- Section 2: Enter x for each column that needs to be hidden.
- Section 3: Enter radio (default) or check for each filtered column.
This determines the type of filter, radio buttons (one filter at a time) and check
boxes (multiple filters simultaneously).
- Section 4: Enter x if the Entries Dropdown (shown as Zone B in the table below) should be hidden.
- Section 5: Enter custom numbers for the Entries Dropdown (default = 10,25,50, All); this is
shown as Zone B in the table below.
- Section 6: Enter number of rows shown when table is loaded (default = All).
- Section 7: Enter x to hide searchbox; this is shown as Zone C in the table below.
- Section 8: Enter x to hide page numbers; this is shown as Zone D in the table below.
- Section 9: Enter x to hide pagination; this is shown as Zone E in the table below.
- Section 10: Enter column number to sort by (1,2,3 or 4).
- Section 11: Either copy/paste an existing table from Excel or Word or create a new HTML table in
- Maximum 4 columns can be used.
- Each column can be used for filtering, sorting and searching.
- The first row always serves as the table header.
- Click in the toolbar to save your changes.
- Once saved, the snippet will display your table data with all the chosen options
- the page to apply the changes to the live site.
Currently only one datatable snippet can be used on a page.
Back to All Guides