What is a video call tutoring?
Video call tutoring is tutoring over Microsof Teams call feature. It is much like
meeting in-person with many more powerful tools at your fingertips and a record of
the conversation. With this service you can:
- continue text-based chatting while you talk
- keep the chat log for later reference
- recieve links to valuable digital resources
- collaborate* on the same Word or PDF document while still messaging
- share your screen or see the tutor's screen to navigate resources (only available on the Teams app)
- end the session with clear list of strategies for continuing your writing process
*Note: We will only annote your work, not proofread or change it's content.
How to Do It
- Make an appointment.
- Prepare for the session by gathering digital versions of necessary materials (i.e.: assignment prompt, your
- Log into Microsoft Teams at least 10 minutes before your appointment.
- Your tutor will contact you to ask for your materials and provide information about the session.
- Have a great session at the time you reserved!
When making an appointment
- Proceed to https://appointments.csusm.edu/
- Select The Writing Center
- Select only "Meet with us on Teams video call"
- Select an available slot (highlighted in green) that works best for you!
- Recieve a confirmation email from Accudemia
When preparing for the session
Prepare to use Teams by reviewing the following information:
Confirm you have a working microphone and camera before your session.
When logging into Teams
To access Teams and other Office365 apps navigate to office365.csusm.edu. When logging in, please use your Microsoft log-in:
Google Log-in: email@example.com
Microsoft Log-in: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the best experience, download the Teams application, available for all devices. If you choose to use
the browser version of Teams, it works best with Chrome and Firefox. Safari causes
some users technical difficulties.
Your tutor will message you 10-minutes before your session time inviting you to upload your materials.
During the session
Work with your tutor to address your writing concerns. Expect your tutor to ask you
questions to better understand how best to guide and redirect your writing process.
After the session
Send feedback about your session to email@example.com. We strive to always improve our services!