Your Degree Planner is an interactive online tool you're encouraged to use to be more proactive with your course planning.
Requirements for your major, minor (if applicable), and general education are displayed in a recommended sequence using information from your student record. It even recognizes the courses you've already taken at CSUSM, test credit, transfer credit, course substitutions, and prerequisites to recommend an education plan designed just for you!
If you are new to CSUSM and/or the Degree Planner, we recommend you watch the following 2 videos before you start the Degree Planner Steps below:
Then, take the following steps to plan, schedule and enroll in your classes every semester:
Step 1: Degree!
When? Approximately the 3rd week of each semester.
- Review your Degree Planner for the upcoming semester.
- Make any necessary adjustments. Most students won't need to make changes!
- This is an easy, but critical step as it helps the University plan for the courses you need!
- At this time it is not necessary to click the blue "Select" lines.
- Easy Guide: Week 3 Degree Planning Steps
- Video: Week 3 Instructions
Step 2: Set!
When? Approximately week 12 of each semester (once the Class Schedule is live, just prior to your registration date.
Step 3: Go!
When? On your assigned registration date (you can find your enrollment appointment date in your Student Center).
- Register for the courses you placed in your shopping cart.
- Return to the Degree Planner to make any necessary adjustments.
- Video: Enrolling from Your Degree Planner
- Additional Help: