How do I get my GI Bill started at CSUSM?
- The first semester you will use your benefits, you will need to turn the following:
- Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
- Intent Form
- Please note: DD214 & COE only need to be turned in once
When do I turn in my Intent Form?
- Once you are enrolled in classes.
Can I turn in my Intent Form early? I know will be in classes for the next semester(s).
- No, we will take your Intent Form only when you are enrolled in classes.
Do I need to turn in an Intent Form every semester?
- Yes, this notifies us that you would like to use your benefits for that semester.
Do I need to turn in a separate Intent Form for each semester?
- Yes, a separate Intent Form for each term; i.e. one Intent Form for Winter, one Intent
Form for Spring.
Can I take classes at another college while attending CSUSM & have the GI Bill cover
- Yes, as long as it is part of your degree plan. You will need a Parent Letter.
After you enroll in classes at that school, submit a copy of your class schedule,
along with the contact information of the school to the Veterans Center. The Veterans
Center will then send over a Parent Letter to that school.
Make sure you class schedule for the Parent Letter shows the following information:
- enrollment in class
- number of units
- name of class
It is my last semester and only 2 classes left on my educational plan, is there anything
I can do to be considered for full-time status?
- Yes, you can do what is called a roundout. A roundout allows you to take classes that
are not towards your major to bring you to full-time status your last semester.