Welcome to the Physics Department
We are committed to:
- providing high quality instruction to all our students,
- working with K-12 teachers in Southern California to improve science education at the pre-college level,
- engaging in research in physics and physics education.
Students looking for travel funding for conferences should check out the Student Travel Resources page.
Students looking to enroll in PHYS 499 should check out the bottom of the CSUSM Astronomy & Physics Courses page.
Professor Dominguez has drafted a physics course offering schedule that takes us through to Spring 2017 (document subject to change). If you have any questions about the schedule or academic advising, please contact him.
- Quantum Design, Inc., has installed a VersaLab Physical Property Measurement System in Professor Tsui's Research Laboratory!
- Applied Physics Undergraduate Hector Ceja and Professor Burin presented at the APS Division of Plasma Physics Meeting in New Orleans!
- We're looking to hire a tenure-track faculty member! More information about tenure-track faculty member.
- Professor Burin is on a year long sabbatical to serve as a Visiting Scientist at the Princeton Plasma Physics Lab and the Laboratoire des Ecoulements Géophysiques et Industriels!
- Professor Price is co-author on a paper on examining vector representations in physics education as part of a special topics issue of Physical Review!
- Professor Dominguez is co-author on a paper on nanoimaging performed on boron nitride in Science!
- Congratulations to Professor Tsui for receiving a SONY Electronics Faculty Award for Innovative Teaching with Technology!
- Professor De Leone is co-author on a paper on the reformation of introductory physics for biological science students at UC Davis!