- Computer Science Home
- B.S. Computer Science
- B.S. Computer Information Systems
- CS vs CIS Information
- M.S. Computer Science
- Useful Information for Current Students
- Funded Grants
- Computing Info
- Student Computing Resources
- Advising Faculty
- Alumni Group
- Student Advisory Board
- Contact Department of Computer Science
The Computer Science and Information Systems Department offers quality programs for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Bachelor's degree with an option in Computer Information Systems
- Master's degree in Computer Science
We offer exciting courses on embedded real-time systems, intelligent systems, mobile computing and bio informatics.
For New Undergraduate Students:
- Transfering? Check out the articulation agreements at ASSIST, an online student-transfer information system.
- Need alternative course substitutions (non-articulated classes)? Send a complete description of the class using the Course Substitution Request form to Dr. Rick Fierro.
Useful Information and Forms for Current and Graduating Students
- The CSIS department welcomes a new tenure track faculty member in networks Dr. Majd!
- Congratulations to students who have been selected to become ViaSat scholars this summer.
- Congratulations to the 2014 Graduates!
- Congratulations to those who presented at the Second Annual Student Software Showcase on May 8th.
- Congratulations and Thank You to the ACM officers and the Women in CSIS leaders.
- Congratulations to Kevin Novak and Dr. Ouyang for receiving the Faculty-Student Collaboration Award.
- Congratulations to Dr. Youwen Ouyang, who organized theInternational Women's Hackathon on April 26th.
- Congratulations to the 10 students who were selected to work on the Malware Project with Trusteer, Inc.
Onging Activities & Opportunities:
- Student Educational Activity Funding Request - CSIS Student Educational Activity Proposal Form (new version).
- Keogh-Yoshii Scholarship Recipients receive $500 at the start of the fall semester.
- Please see the ACM student chapter web site for a series of interesting talks given by professionals.
- CSIS has a Student Advisory Board, made up of members from local industries.
- Our CIS students develop systems for local companies.
- Many of our undergraduate students work on research projects. Check out the Funded Grants.
- Two new annual events: "Meet and Greet New Students" prior to the beginning of the fall semester and the "Student Software Showcase" at the end of the spring semester.