1. Have Classified status and be in good academic standing with no conditions
2. Read and understand the list of available projects
3. Obtain the permission of a tenured or tenure-track Computer Science faculty to act as the student’s advisor per the below timeline
4. Work with your advisor to come up with the plan of study for the cumulative experience (i.e. project or thesis)
5. After your advisor approves the proposal, work with your advisor to choose another tenured or tenure-track CSIS faculty to be on the committee
One additional member may be added to provide expertise in the research area
6. Complete the Advising Sheet and submit to the Graduate Coordinator of Computer Science
7. Complete an Advancement to Candidacy Form, attach your proposal and submit to the Computer Science Graduate Coordinator
Travel Money: While working on your thesis or project, if you need to go to a conference, check this out.
By the 14th week of the semester prior to taking CS 698 or CS 699, do the following:
1. Fill out an Independent Study Form
2. Attach your Advancement to Candidacy documents
3. Obtain signatures including the Department Chair
These steps must be completed in order to enroll in CS 698 or CS 699.