Welcome to Disabled Student Services
The aim of CSU San Marcos is to instill in its students the enthusiasm and curiosity, the creativity and originality, the healthy skepticism, and the habit of continuing inquiry that are central to all truly educated men and women. The goal is to enable them to realize their potential as enlightened individuals and productive members of society in a world of change.
The Office of Disabled Student Services (DSS) is located within Craven Hall in Suite 4200. Please be aware that our Summer hours will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. starting May 23rd and ending on August 29th. The DSS staff are available for both walk-in and scheduled appointments during this time. In addition, the office will provide testing accommodations for test takers who have exams that must be administered after 5:00 p.m. on an individual case by case determination. Individuals wishing to call DSS can do so by dialing (760) 750-4905 or (760) 750-4909 (TTY) and our fax number is (760) 750-3445. Email inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission Statement and Goals
The Office of Disabled Student Services (DSS) is committed to providing opportunities for higher education to students with disabilities and to making the programs, activities and facilities at Cal State San Marcos fully accessible to students with disabilities.
- To ensure that campus policies address the needs of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that students with disabilities have full access to campus facilities and programs.
- To improve the campus community’s awareness and understanding of students with disabilities.
- To ensure that educational policies and curricula are accessible for students with disabilities.
- To interact with other agencies in the community who provide services to individuals with disabilities to ensure the availability of all resources.
- To provide appropriate support services for students with disabilities to ensure their participation in the full range of campus programs and activities.
- To involve students in assessing current needs, recommending new services, and expanding existing services as needed.
- To ensure the campus remains physically accessible by providing valuable input to those individuals responsible for future campus construction projects and the maintenance of the existing site.
- To collaborate with other campus units in providing outreach and retention services to all CSUSM students, including students from diverse populations.
For those of you interested in getting in touch with us by mail our address is:
Disabled Student Services
California State University San Marcos
San Marcos CA 92096-0001