California State University San Marcos prides itself on providing a nurturing academic setting for students of all kinds. With this wide audience range in mind, CSUSM also pays careful attention to making sure that its campus facilities, along with online content, is accessible to those with special needs.
How Important is Accessible Web Content?
Accessible web content is very important because it benefits and affects everyone!
Having accessible web content benefits all viewers who access your materials, not just DSS students!
- Different learning styles benefit from having accessible documents/content and all users will greatly appreciate having multiple ways of accessing your content's information.
- Mobile devices that might not completely load the original form of a document or site benefit greatly from accessible content.
- The success of a website depends on accessibilty and usability! Creating highly-accessible, universal designs that can be viewed in as many ways as possible is critical to the success of a website.
The Web Accessibility team spends the majority of their time ensuring the accessibility of all university related web sites, web content, and web applications for people with disabilities. These committed individuals also offer up universal design and accessibility services where staff and faculty can submit their content to be checked or edited for accessibility.
- Faculty, staff, and web content owners can submit their online content to be checked or made accessible for them.
- Students can report accessibility issues that they encounter within university-affiliated web sites.
- Workshops are also provided to individuals who would like to learn more about how to better make their content accessible.