I want to apply...
General Education Requirements
What are the Golden Four?
The Golden Four represent the four basic skills general education requirements (one course in each area: oral communication, written communication, critical thinking, and mathematics/quantitative reasoning). You need to have completed these four courses with a grade of "C" or higher.
Transcripts and Test Information
At the time of application for admission, transfer students must submit official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended no later than February 15. If applicable, fall grades must be posted from current institution. If you have taken an Advanced Placement (AP) exam or International Baccalaureate (IB) exam and need this credit to meet admissions requirements, submit the official score report(s) by the February 15 deadline. Scores from SAT or ACT examinations are not required for upper-division transfer applicants.
Major Preparation, Articulation and Transferable Courses
While not required to meet minimum admission requirements, transfer students can complete additional courses which prepare for the major of choice.
- ASSIST.org is recommended to determine transferability of courses taken at California Community Colleges
- Associate Degrees for Transfer
- Transfer Planner on CSU Mentor is recommended for future transfer students to track progress towards their major
- CSUSM Course Catalog offers listings of the most current courses available at Cal State San Marcos
- TES is currently offline for maintenance. Course Equivalency questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submitting Official Transcripts
Electronic transcripts provided though external or third party vendors (Credential Solutions Docufide, Parchment, etc.) should be emailed to email@example.com. Participating institutions will provide electronic transcripts through the established process. If you select to mail your transcript, please ensure it is in an envelope sealed by the issuing institution and mailed to the address below:Office of Admissions & Student Outreach
California State University San Marcos
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096-0001