Hospitality and tourism-related businesses make up the largest industry sector in San Diego and Southwest Riverside counties. In recent years, new business strategies and applications have emerged to increase profitability and reduce risk.
To address these new concepts and approaches and meet the needs of the industry, CSUSM offers comprehensive graduate-level courses and professional certificates for entry- and mid-level employees.
Students who want to pursue or enhance a career in this field can choose from these program options:
• Master’s of Business Administration with a Specialization in Hospitality and Tourism Management
• Advanced Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management
• Advanced courses in Hospitality and Tourism Management*
• Professional Certificate in Business of Hospitality
• Professional Certificate in Meeting and Event Planning
• Professional Certificate for Wine, Beer, and Spirits
• Professional Certificate in Wedding Planning
Whether taking graduate-level courses or professional certificate classes, students benefit immediately from coursework that applies directly to their day-to-day responsibilities.
*Any credit course taken individually can be applied toward either the Advanced Certificate in Hospitality and Tourism Management or the Specialized MBA, should a student decide to pursue further education.
“CSUSM has reached out to the hospitality industry to learn what they need in educational programs for their employees to maintain their competitive advantage. These classes meet our specific needs to develop our workforce and meet strategic goals.” -Renato Alesiani, CEO, Wave Crest Hotels and Resorts and Cape Rey Carlsbad