- Upcoming Campus Trainings for November 2015
- New CSU Background Check Policy
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Represented Employees: Performance Management Overview
- 2015 Annual Performance Evaluation Schedule
- Confidentials & MPPs
- Performance Evaluation Forms
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
Performance Management: Confidentials & MPPs
Confidential employees receive annual performance evaluations. All confidential employees are evaluated on an annual cycle which runs from July 1 of one year through June 30 of the following year (e.g. 7/1/14 - 6/30/15).
The University MPP Performance Review program rests firmly upon the foundation of each employee's commitment to Excellence through Diversity and the University Mission Statement; participation in and support for intra-organizational and inter-organizational teamwork; and support of institutional needs, resources and priorities.
MPP (M80) employees are evaluated after six-months and one year of service, and subsequently at one year intervals. Most MPP employees are evaluated on an annual cycle which runs from July 1 of one year through June 30 of the following year (e.g. 7/1/14 - 6/30/15). The annual evaluation cycle for Vice Presidents is September 1 through August 31. A MPP employee serves at the pleasure of the campus President or the Chancellor, as appropriate. A MPP employee shall not serve a probationary period and shall not receive permanent status.
Performance appraisal of MPP employees is intended as a means of measuring and enhancing individual and, in turn, institutional performance, fostering professional development and career growth, aiding in the determination of compensation based upon merit and meeting internal and external requirements for documentation of individual performance.