- New CSU Background Check Policy
- Employment Opportunities at CSUSM
- Human Resources
- HR Staff Directory
- FAS Division
- HR Teams
- Employment & Recruitment Process
- MPP Appointment and Compensation Actions
- Recruitment Process for Applicants
- Recruitment Process for Students
- Recruitment Process for Managers
- Sign in Process
- Sign-Out Process
- Recruitment Contacts
- Labor & Employee Relations
- Equal Employment Opportunity
- Conflict of Interest
- Mandatory Reporting of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Performance Management
- Whistleblower Protection
- Human Resources Information System
- HR Forms
- Policies and Procedures
- Training & Professional Development
HIRING DEPARTMENT: Be sure your new employees are informed and prepared when they start work. PLEASE REFER THEM TO THIS PAGE.
Welcome to Employment at California State University San Marcos!
WHAT TO BRING TO HUMAN RESOURCES:
All new employees (Faculty / Staff / Student Assistants) must come to the Human Resources office prior to OR on the first day of employment to sign onto the state payroll system. New employees will fill out employment documents for payroll, personal information, IRS, emergency contact information and benefits (if eligible). Employees are required to present proof of identity, and eligibility to be employed in the United States. Employees are required to sign in under the name that appears on their social security card.
NOTE: Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the sign-in process. For health benefited faculty/staff, the process may take up to an hour if we are answering questions & assisting you with the completion of benefit forms.
Sign-In Hours: 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (Monday - Thursday) (Other times available upon request by emailing email@example.com)
Cal State San Marcos Human Resources
333 S. Twin Oaks Valley Road
San Marcos, CA 92096
Craven Hall, Room 1200
Federal Internal Revenue Service and California State Franchise Tax Board requirements:
To meet Federal Internal Revenue Service and California State Franchise Tax Board requirements, employees are asked to provide their actual social security card for verification of their name. Employees are required to sign onto the state payroll system with the name that appears on their social security card. If incorrect, employees will be sent to the Social Security office to have it corrected.
ALL DOCUMENTS USED MUST REFLECT THE SAME EXACT LEGAL NAME UNDER WHICH THE EMPLOYEE IS SIGNING ONTO THE PAYROLL SYSTEM.
Employment Eligibility Verification:
All employees, citizens and noncitizens, hired after November 6, 1986 and working in the United States must complete the Form I-9. The purpose of this form is to document that each new employee is authorized to work in the United States.
Employees must provide original documents. Employees may provide ONE (1) document from List A OR TWO (2) documents, one (1) each from List B and List C.
LIST A -- Document that Establishes Both Identity & Employment Eligibility:
1. US Passport (expired or unexpired)
2. Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph
3. Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains a photograph
-Or- one each from:
LIST B -- Document that Establishes Identity – Picture ID
1. Driver’s License
2. School ID
3. US Military card
4. Native American tribal document
LIST C -- Document that Establishes Employment Eligibility:
1. Social Security Card
2. Original or certified copy of birth certificate
3. Native American tribal document
For more information and a full list of acceptable documents, access the Form I-9 online.
NEW EMPLOYEE ORIENTATION:
All permanent/probationary or long-term temporary (more than 180 days) staff employees are required to attend new employee orientation.
- New Employee Welcome & Orientation sessions are usually held every Monday (8:30 am - 10:00 am)
- Cougar "Crash" Course sessions are held on the second Tuesday of each month (9:00 am - 11:30 am)
- Invitations will be sent to respective attendees two weeks prior to the event date.
- Please direct all questions to Justine Cook, HR Operations Specialist, at x4427 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR PRIVACY - CSU HIPAA PRIVACY NOTICE This notice describes how medical information about you may be used and disclosed and how you can access this information. Please review it carefully.
Questions can be directed to Human Resources at (760)750-4418.