- Services, Support & Resources
- Media & Production Delivery
- Troubleshooting and Problem Reporting for Mediasite and Relay
- Field Gear
- Post Production
- Media Delivery
- Video On Demand (VOD)
- Relay Documentation
- Release Forms
- Contact Us
- Training Resources
- Lecture Capture
- Uses for Lecture Capture
- Video Studios
- Audio Studios
- Captioning (ADA)
- Studio Use Guidelines
Mediasite and Camtasia Relay recordings are accessed via the Mediasite catalog server. This allows us to create custom pages with all of the links needed for an online course or learning module. The delivery method for lecture capture materials is Microsoft's Silverlight technology. This means that it will work on Windows and Macintosh computers in pretty much any browser, for maximum access and reliability in today's environment.
Mediasite Playback has been tested and working on the following operating systems:
Windows XP, Vista (32 and 64 bit), 7 (32 and 64 bit), Windows 8 using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Mac OS X 10.5.8 Leopard (32 bit), 10.6.x Snow Leopard, 10.7.x Lion and 10.8.x Mountain Lion using Safari, Firefox and Chrome
iOS 6, Android 4.1.x
Troubleshooting playback issues:
Due to various browser updates, mediasite players and web technologies the full screen icon or message may or may not appear when you are playing a video. At the time of this posting Chrome on a Windows PC will play fullscreen on most videos. On a Mac fullscreen is available on most videos using Safar, Firefox, and Chrome. The black background mediasite player will not go edge to edge full screen, but will scale with screen size.* Mediasite Requirement Test:
http://www.sonicfoundry.com/site-requirements -This is a test to see if your computer/device has the ability to playback Mediasite.
1. Check your internet connection, our videos stream at a bitrate between 700kbps to 2000kbps (2Mbps) if your connection is slower than that you may get a lot of buffering. You can check your internet speed at http://speedtest.net or https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/. Hotspots and connections slower than 2Mbps are not recommended.
2. Check your version of Microsoft Silverlight if you are on a PC or Mac, iOS devcies* and android* don't use silverlight so no need to check them.
You can check your version of silverlight by going to http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight. Make sure you completely quit your browser(s) before you install.
3. If you are having silverlight problems on a mac, remove all instances of Silverlight including browser plug-ins, go to the silverlight link above, download silverlight, close/quit all web browsers and then re-install silverlight. After it is re-installed go to the link above and make sure it is showing the latest version. Sometimes you may have to reboot your system.
If you are running firefox make sure you remove the add-on. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/blocked/p129
4. Make sure your system updates are current on PC, Mac and devices.
5. Make sure the Java Runtime is up to date. http://java.com
6. If you are on a catalog page click the video title to view the video, not the preview icon.
If you are still experiencing problems please fill out the online form or contact the student help desk.
*Not all videos have been optimized to work with iOS and Andriod devices.