- MBA Programs Home
- Fully Employed MBA
- Program Overview
- Meet the Leaders (MTL)
- Professional Connections
- Information Sessions
- How to Apply
- Student Resources
- Alumni Testimonials
- Student Accolades
- MBA Student Projects
- Graduate Teaching Excellence Award
- Specialized Accelerated MBA
- Specialized Part-Time MBA
- Contact Us
MBA Student Projects
Project Title: San Diego Airport Exploratory Study
San Diego Airport Exploratory Study 2.0
Advisor: Dr. Glen Brodowsky
Description: Having chosen the Camp Pendleton site in 2013 as the best location for a new airport during the first phase of the project, our corporate sponsor Qualcomm commissioned a second phase of the study. This phase was designed to focus on issues, concerns, opportunities and challenges of bringing an international airport to the region by the year 2040.
The report is comprised of five chapters. These include:
- Defining the tri-county region served by the proposed airport.
- Benchmarking against other regions served by multiple airports.
- Sustainably Meeting the ground transportation needs of serving the new airport.
- Employment and multiplier effects of building and operating the proposed airport.
- Political considerations spanning the tri country region affecting the airport project.
San Diego Airport Exploratory Study 1.0
Advisor: Dr. Beverlee Anderson
Description: The Project was designed to update previous airport studies by examining five salient aspects germane to any future airport decisions. The information related to five selected topics (Demand Projections; Economic Implications; Infrastructure, Traffic & Transportation; Political Implications; and Potential Demographic Changes) was updated with the most current data available. Using both quantitative and qualitative tools, data collected from secondary and primary sources are analyzed. The results of the project(s) will be useful in any future airport planning processes.
Demand Projection: Allen Farberov, Matt Hyatt, Marco Rangel, Matt Rendina
Economic Implications: Josh Bond, Tolga Demircay, Armando Garcia, Brian Priebe
Traffic & Transportation: Mazen Aboufakhr, Brianne Dailey, Dani James, Bhumika Talsania
Political Implications: Brett Campfield, Yina Li, Greg Uke
Demographic Changes: Casey Davidson, Brad Smith, Brian Walton