Welcome to the Physics Department
We are committed to:
- providing high quality instruction to all our students,
- working with K-12 teachers in Southern California to improve science education at the pre-college level,
- engaging in research in physics and physics education.
Students looking for travel funding for conferences should check out the Student Travel Resources page.
Students looking to enroll in PHYS 499 should check out the bottom of the CSUSM Astronomy & Physics Courses page.
Professor Dominguez has drafted a physics course offering schedule that takes us through to Spring 2017 (document subject to change). If you have any questions about the schedule or academic advising, please contact him.
- Congratulations, Class of 2014!
- Congratulations to Gary Simmons on receiving the 2014 President's Award for Outstanding Academic Achievement! In just a few months, he'll be a Ph.D. student at the University of Colorado Boulder!
- Professor Price is co-author on a paper on examining vector representations in physics education as part of a special topics issue of Physical Review!
- Professor Dominguez is co-author on a paper on nanoimaging performed on boron nitride in Science!
- Congratulations to Professor Tsui for receiving a SONY Electronics Faculty Award for Innovative Teaching with Technology!
- Professor De Leone is co-author on a paper on the reformation of introductory physics for biological science students at UC Davis!
- Thanks to Hunter Industries for their generous gift that supports the construction of two new physics research labs!