Welcome to the Physics Department
We are committed to:
- providing high quality instruction to all our students,
- working with K-12 teachers in Southern California to improve science education at the pre-college level,
- engaging in research in physics and physics education.
Students looking for travel funding for conferences should check out this page.
Students looking to enroll in PHYS 499 should check out the bottom of this page.
Professor Dominguez has drafted a physics course offering schedule that takes us through to Spring 2017 (document subject to change). If you have any questions about the schedule or academic advising, please contact him.
- We're searching for a tenure-track faculty member with start date of August 2014! Visit this link for more information.
- The CSUSM Chapter of the Society of Physics Students was awarded "Notable SPS Chapter" status for 2012-2013!
- Professor Dominguez, alumnus C. Salvo, and undergraduate J. Gormally have published in Analytica Chimica Acta!
- Applied Physics Major and 2012 San Diego Paramedic of the Year A.M. Jensen reports on her technology innovation in the Journal of Emergency Medical Services.
- Physics Lecturer Bob Gill and Professor Michael Burin report on iPads and teaching astronomy in The Physics Teacher.
- Professor Gerardo Dominguez is one of 12 Emerging Scholars of 2013 by Diverse magazine!