Writing Center appointments last 30 minutes
and are student-centered. That means that you'll determine what you'd like to accomplish
in the appointment — just let us know what you would like to focus on. During an appointment,
you can expect the consultant to begin with your prompt and some questions to better
understand the assignment. Students often request to work on development, organization,
analysis, format, and grammar.
To be prepared for your Writing Center session, please bring the following items
- Your assignment guidelines (the prompt), notes about the assignment, and any other
- A printed draft of the piece of writing you would like feedback on (or access to an
electronic copy via USB flash or Google Docs). We do have a Pawprint station in our
Center, if you need access to a printer.
- If you're coming in to satisfy the GEW visit requirement, bring your agenda form.
What happens if I can't make my scheduled appointment?
If you can't make your appointment, please cancel it as soon as possible to avoid
restrictions on future visits. Here are the ways you can cancel an appointment:
- Login to the online appointment system
- Call us at (760) 750-4168 *this is the best option if you are sick or unable to get to campus.
- Visit us in the center