The Academic Success Center is now offering online tutoring for the following courses:
- Finance 302 & 304
- Economics 201 & 202
- History 101, 102, 130, 131
- Psychology 100, 110, 210, 360
- Spanish 101, 102, 201, 201C, 202, 301A
Schedule an appointment for online tutoring
- Go to https://appointments.csusm.edu/
- You can not make same day appointments. All appointments must be made 24 hours in
- All appointments are scheduled for 30 minutes only
- Due to limited staffing students can only schedule up to 2 appointments per week.
- Fill in the required fields
- Under Select Center: Type in and search for the Academic Success Center
- Service: Select “Tutoring”
- Subject Area: Select the course for which you would like tutoring
- Pick a Slot: Select the time more convenient for you
- Confirm: Do not forget to confirm your appointment! You should receive a confirmation email in your cougar email after your appointment
Be sure to read the "Prior to your Appointment" instructions before your appointment.
How to access your online tutoring session
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser office365.csusm.edu
- Login using your CSUSM credentials but WITHOUT the @cougars
Example: If your email is email@example.com the email you’d use for Microsoft 365 is firstname.lastname@example.org Your password is the same as your student account.
- Click on the application called Teams
- This will open the Teams application where our tutor will directly message you once your session
is scheduled to start.
Before your Appointment
In order to maximize your 30-minute appointment we ask that you complete the following
steps prior to your appointment.
- Before your appointment we ask that you test your equipment to ensure that your video
and audio functions are working properly.
- At least 24 hours in advance before your appointment we request that you send the
following items via email to email@example.com
- Assignments that you wish to review with the tutor in an accessible format (pdf, word
- Topics or concepts that you would like to discuss during your session
- Specific questions you want answered*
*Note: In order to maintain academic integrity tutors will not work on
the exact same questions you send. Instead tutors will work to find similar questions
that will help you understand a concept or topic.
- Treat online support the same as in-person and be prepared! Have your notes and textbook
During your session
- We strongly recommend that students turn on their video whenever possible. This will allow for
the tutor to read and understand any non-verbal cues of understanding or confusion.
- We ask that you stay engaged during your session and participate!
- Do NOT multitask during your appointment by surfing the internet, listening to music,
or working on other homework not related to your session.
After your session
- Send feedback about your session to firstname.lastname@example.org. We strive to always improve our services!
If you must cancel an appointment, please do so ASAP.
- Cancellations can be done online through Accudemia or by emailing email@example.com
- If you fail to cancel your appointment, it will be recorded as a “no-show”.
- Students with more than 2 “no-shows” in 14 days will be unable to schedule future
We strictly enforce a 30-minute appointment policy. This means that every minute you
are late to your session you are cutting down on your time with the tutor. Tutors will end the appointment at the exact scheduled time.
We ask that you before familiar with Microsoft Teams prior to your appointment. This will be the platform that our tutors will use for
your online tutoring session. If you need any help with Microsoft Teams or with access
to the appropriate technology please contact IITS.
We take the privacy of our students and tutors very seriously. All tutoring sessions
will be recorded to ensure academic integrity and quality of services provided. We
understand that during this tech-driven era many of our students resort to screenshots
or cell phone recordings as a means of taking notes. If you chose to do this, we ask
that you keep those records for your own personal use. If any videos or screen shots
of an online tutoring appointment are shared or made available on your social media
or via any other electronic means, we will ask for the video/screen shot to be removed.
Student Code of Conduct
Online tutoring is still a professional setting regardless of the mode of delivery.
Any derogatory, sarcastic comments and jokes that marginalize anyone are fundamentally
unacceptable. Anyone who uses offensive language or profanity will be removed from
the session permanently.
Extended Learning Building (ELB), 2nd Floor, North Side (Room 286)