The mission of The Black Student Center is to promote the academic, cultural, social,
and political consciousness of students of color by actively engaging in institutional
partnerships that will result in the overall increase of student recruitment, active
member participation, retention, and graduation rates.
- affirms the dignity and diversity of all students of African descent.
- continues and challenges traditions by creating community space while promoting student
successes within the university and beyond.
- promotes an understanding of the role and impact of the Black experience and heritage
in our lives and society.
- serves all students and seeks to promote academic success, professional development,
and community for students, staff, and faculty.
- strives for inclusive and equitable campus community through advocacy education and