How To Set Up Grubhub For Students, Faculty, & Staff
Setting Up Your Grubhub Account
Make sure you have:
- A mobile device (iOS or Android both work)
- A Declining Balance Dining Card (you will need the physical card)
- A campus email (@cougars.csusm.edu for students)
- A wifi or cellular connection (GPS will also help)
If you already have a Grubhub account, you must create an account with your student email to be able to use your Declining Balance card for your Grubhub orders. Don't forget, this program is specifically for pickup orders at on-campus locations. If you want to make any other kinds of orders, you will have to add a different payment option.
- 1. Sign up for a Grubhub account with your campus email.
Students must use their student email account(@cougars.csusm.edu), and staff must use their staff email (@csusm.edu).
- 2. Download the Grubhub app and sign in.
- 3. Enable GPS or input an on-campus street address.
This is necessary for Grubhub to confirm you are at CSUSM. You will not use this location for delivery, as you can only order pickup with your dining card.
- 4. When the App asks if you attend or work at CSUSM, select "I Want in!".
On the splash screen, you will see if your GPS location or your address input are correct.
- 5. Choose "Add campus card" if you have a Declining Balance Card.
You may, at this point, choose to set up your Declining Balance Card if you have one, or you can "View campus restaurants" to set it up later, as described in the Alternative Method section of this guide.
- 6. Input your campus email again.
Don't forget, students use @cougars.csusm.edu, and staff use @csusm.edu. Now you're ready to go!
- 7. WHEN YOU GO TO PICK UP YOUR FOOD
Make sure to bring your Declining Balance Dining Card with you when you pick up your food. The number on that card is how they will confirm your identity.
- Alternative Method
Hit the wrong buttons during set up?
Add a Declining Balance Card ("Cougar Card") in the payment options under the Account section of the app.