Student Travel Resources
Research and Travel Support
The following are opportunities for student research and travel support at CSUSM. Students are welcome to apply until funds for the current academic year are exhausted.
Graduate Research Dissemination Funds
The Office of Graduate Studies and Research has limited funds available for Master's and Ed.D. students presenting research at a conference. Students are eligible one-time only in their graduate studies career, depending on available funds.
Undergraduate Research & Creative Activities Funds
The Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities fund is designed to help undergraduate students capitalize on scholarship and creative activity completed at CSUSM.Appropriate activities include support for travel to a conference at which a student's paper or poster has been accepted. Students are eligible one-time only in their undergraduate studies career, depending on available funds.
Student Travel Guidelines
- Registration will no longer be reimbursed on a Travel Claim. All registration must be paid on a Department ProCard.
- In order to award as many students as possible with a finite budget, meal allowance for each travel claim is a maximum of $55 per day, regardless of travel destination.
- Advance payments for this travel is unavailable, payment is processed after travel has concluded in the form of reimbursement check.
- Students traveling both within and outside the U.S. may receive funding up to $500 of allowable costs.
- Miscellaneous expenses are not approved unless supporting documentation is provided showing the expense is necessary for travel. Any miscellaneous expenses without supporting documentation will be removed from the request.
- Requests must be turned in 5 weeks before domestic travel and 90 days before international travel.
- Awarded amount is granted as a reimbursement on actual incurred approved expenses on the final submitted claim.
Steps to submit travel application:
- STEP 1: Download and complete the appropriate student travel application.
Graduate Coordinator's signature is required.
- STEP 2: Email your completed Student Travel Application to OGSR@csusm.edu.
Once your email is reviewed, you will receive the Release of Liability and Student Conduct Agreement forms through Adobe Work Flow.
- STEP 3: Complete the 2022 Student Travel Request form and upload all travel quotes requested in it.
Once submitted, this form will automatically be sent to OGSR.
- Voids of repeals or has the effect of voiding or repealing, existing state or local protections against discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expressions; or
- Has enacted a law that authorizes or reflects discrimination against same-sex couples or their families, or on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, as specified, subject to certain exceptions.
This prohibition currently extends to the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah and West Virginia. This list may be subject to change.
- Associated Students Inc. (ASI)
ASI Leadership Funding Board provides funds for registration fees and travel to conferences.
- Student Affairs
Funding is available at this time.