The Campus App utilization has been higher this academic year with almost 2,000 daily
users in the Fall 2018. In addition, students have viewed the Virtual ID almost 30,000
times and generated over 5,000 ID's. Cougar Courses is the most popular feature used by students in the App.
- The campus uses the Verdiem application power management and control software. Without
the Verdiem power saving plans, we would be paying 36.27% more in electical costs.
- A total savings of $45,205.
- Docusign - The system for tracking electronic exchanges of electronically signed documents.
- There are over 3,000 envelope signer accounts to manage. In 2018, the number of envelopes sent was 11,060.
- PeopleSoft Student - application upgrades and updates are a tremendous effort to make sure they are implemented smoothly
and tested thoroughly. The team upgraded PeopleTools once this year and the GreyHeller integrated firewall
once this year. Each of these implementations take months to complete.
- There are 48 Oracle maintenance packs completed on a yearly basis to keep the campus production instance updated.
- RaDAR Data Warehouse - RaDAR (Reporting and Data Analytics Repository) is the campus business intelligence
portal, providing a secure interface for the campus community to browse, request,
and run data warehouse reports and dashboards.
- There are 7 Billion rows of data extracted from almost 600 PeopleSoft tables every month.
- Total of about 1.4 TB every month!
IITS serves the campus community providing office phones, voicemail, fax lines, modem
lines, mobile devices, conference services, classroom phones, and operator services.
(These are Year to Date Totals)
|# of Outbound Telephone Calls
|# of Inbound Telephone Calls
- 1900+ Desk Phones
- 300+ Cell Phones
The total number of page views was 15,789,723 with a total of 2,261,941 uniques sessions.
There were just short of 950,000 searches done this year, below are the search statistics:
Top search terms this year:
- Library (5,855)
- Parking (4,625)
- Cougar apps (3,156)
- Career center (3,137)
- Nursing (2,889)
Top 3 websites navigated or searched in 2018:
- el (1.3M)
- admissions (0.59M)
- nursing (0.46M)
Unplanned wireless outages are rare at CSUSM. Additional trends for network usage
are the following:
- Top Applications Used - The trend continues to be that Netflix and Instagram are the top applications utilized by the campus community, followed by YouTube.
- iPhone or Android? - 40% of all devices that connect to the CSUSM network are iPhones. The total number
of Android devices connected to the network was significantly lower compared to 2017
(dropped by about 50%).
- Network Usage Statistics - These network usage statistics are similar to last year
- Total inbound network traffic was 337.0T and the total outbound 46.8T
- The most popular indoor spot on campus to connect to the wi-fi is the Kellogg Library.
- For outdoor wireless usage, the most used area for outdoor wi-fi connections is the
USU rooftop patio.