IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19 TRIO Pre-College Programs has moved all services online virtually.
Our Staff are working remotely and available to work with our program participants.
2021 TRIO Summer Assistant positions
Seeking Summer Assistants to develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate a comprehensive
and innovative recruitment activities to attract a variety of participants to our
TRIO Talent Search and TRIO Upward Bound programs at California State University San
- TRIO Talent Search (TS) serving Oceanside: El Camino HS and Oceanside HS
- TRIO Upward Bound (UB) serving Escondido: Escondido HS and Orange Glen HS
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Counseling, Public Administration, or related
field from an accredited college/university
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in student recruitment, promotion of student services
program or community services programs, or a related field.
- TRIO Alumni or TRIO work experience
- Knowledge of College Admissions requirements
- Ability to independently plan, coordinate, and implement diverse recruitment activities
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Develops and coordinates innovative approaches for recruitment based on program objectives.
- Establishes recruitment strategies to achieve program objectives.
- Provides program administration on recruitment activities, planning, and development.
- Promotes program recruitment among target schools and communities serve.
- Conducts presentations (virtual and/or in person) for school groups/fairs and other
events to encourage new participant applications.
- Performs all levels of recruitment duties.
- Prepares a wide variety of program recruitment and social media materials.
- Participates in planning meetings to provide recruitment updates on program objectives.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Summer Work Information
- Length of Appointment: To begin immediately through August 31, 2021
- Compensation: Starting at $20 per hour; 40 Hours per week
- Application Review Period: Immediately 6/1/2021 and on a rolling basis until positions filled
How to Apply