Written Communication Placement
English/Written Communication Placement
There are four categories for English/Written Communication:
- W1-Fulfilled Requirement
- W2-Enroll in GE English/Written Communication course
- W3-Enroll in Supported GE English/Written Communication Courses.
Participation in Early Start is recommended.
- W4-Enroll in Supported GE English/Written Communication Courses.
Participation in Early Start is required.
All students are highly encouraged to complete their A2 graduation requirement in
their first year at CSUSM.
**Please note that your placement category may change when you change your major and/or
when your final high school and college transcripts have been received and reviewed.**
English/Written Communication Placement for All Majors:
- W1-FULFILLED REQUIREMENT: Student has fulfilled General Education A2 Requirement.
- W2-ENROLL IN GE ENGLISH/WRITTEN COMMUNICATION COURSE: Student has met standards, ready to enroll in GEW 101B.
- W3-ENROLL IN SUPPORTED ENGLISH/WRITTEN COMMUNICATION COURSE, EARLY START RECOMMENDED : Placement in GEW 101A and GEW 100, to be followed by GEW 101B.
- W4-ENROLL IN SUPPORTED ENGLISH/WRITTEN COMMUNICATION COURSE, EARLY START REQUIRED : Placement in GEW 101A and GEW 100, to be followed by GEW 101B
Fall Placement= GEW 101B for students that have successfully passed ESW 101A and ESW 100 at CSUSM for Early
Start with a grade of "C-" or better.