Chats with VPSA (ongoing events)
Chats with Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA) are informal gatherings for student employees to ask Dr. Viridiana Diaz questions and chat about college, career aspirations, life, and anything they are interested in learning more about.
- Tuesday, February 14, 2023Location: The Hub – Administrative Building 2302 - Lunch will be provided
- Wednesday, March 15, 2023Location: The Hub – Administrative Building 2302 - Lunch will be provided
- Wednesday, October 19, 2022Location: The Hub – Administrative Building 2302
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022Location: The Hub – Administrative Building 2302
Student Affairs Annual Conference (January 2023)
- Theme: Evolving Together: The Future is Now. Dare to Reframe. Dare to Adapt. Dare to Lead with Greatness.
- Date: Thursday, January 12, 2023
- Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
- Location: University Student Union (USU), Ballroom
Divisional Wrap-Up (December 2022)
2022 Student Affairs Award Winners
- Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2022
- Time: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Location: University Student Union (USU), Ballroom
2022 Award Winners
- Student Employee Service Award: Julia Glorioso, ASI President and Alliance Ambassador
- Distinguished Friend of Student Affairs Award: Adam Petersen, Assistant Dean, Office of Undergradaute Studies
- Individual Excellence in Student Service Award: Mae Talicuran, Assistant Director, Personalized Academic Success Services (PASS)
- Team Excellence in Student Service Award: Reacruitment and Outreach Team
- Innovation Award: Admissions and Registrar ITC/Analyst Team
- Outstanding Administrative or Operational Support Award: Crystal Hernderson, Budget Analyst, Student Life
- Outstanding New Professional Award: Kenya Avilez, Student Conduct Specialist, Dean of Students
- Sandra R. Kuchler Employee of the Year Award: Lisa Dickinson, Associate Director, University Student Union/Interim Director, Campus Recreation
- Student Employee Service AwardThis award recognizes a student employee during the past year who displayed exemplary potential to contribute to the field of Student Affairs. This individual consistently exceeded expectations and demonstrated a commitment to the success, mission, and goals of the division. Nominees may include CSUSM undergraduate students, graduate students or graduate students at other institutions working at CSUSM.
- Distinguished Friend of Student Affairs AwardThis award recognizes a professional staff member, faculty member, or administrator from outside the Student Affairs Division who supported the division, contributed to our mission, or provided outstanding service to our staff and programs during the last academic year.
- Individual Excellence in Student Service AwardThis annual award recognizes the contribution of a Student Affairs staff member who works to make the CSUSM environment a welcoming, efficient, and high-quality experience for students. The individual exemplifies the core values of CSUSM in daily interactions with students and serves as a role model for students and/or staff in Student Affairs. The individual contributes to the retention and graduation of students and provides opportunities for students to achieve their goals. Nominations by others are required (No self-nominations).
- Team Excellence in Student Service AwardThis award recognizes the contributions of a team in developing a new program or project to meet specific outcomes in response to student needs. The new initiative has demonstrated a positive impact in achieving its desired outcomes and/or has received outstanding feedback from students who were impacted.
- Innovation AwardThis award recognizes an individual or department that utilized a creative and collaborative approach to advance the work of Student Affairs. Nominees for this award have shown initiative to innovate and create solutions that address a service gap or operational need within their department or the Division.
- Outstanding Administrative or Operational Support AwardThis award recognizes an individual in an administrative or operational support role who is often considered an unsung hero and whose efforts achieve success for their department, the division, and the university. This individual provides exceptional customer service to students, staff, or friends of the division and works diligently and tirelessly as an agent of change to foster a welcoming and efficient working environment. This individual consistently exceeds expectations, makes a significant contribution to the overall operations of their department, and provides a strong foundation for innovative and student-centered work.
- Outstanding New Professional AwardThis award recognizes an individual who consistently exceeds the responsibilities of their position with professionalism, goal accomplishment, innovation, and leadership within their department and the campus community.
- Sandra R. Kuchler Employee of the Year AwardPresented annually since 2000, this award recognizes an individual for their long-standing contribution and dedication to CSU San Marcos as a full-time professional in the Division. The recipient continuously demonstrates pride in work, maintains professionalism, and displays a positive attitude toward responsibilities and the CSUSM community. This individual constantly provides the highest level of service to Student Affairs and the University and willingly goes the extra mile to collaboratively engage in actions that support the department, Division, and our University’s values. The recipient of this award leads by example in their day-to-day work, displays a strong personal commitment to student success, and serves as an inspiration for others on their team. The individual’s contributions directly relate to the mission and vision of the division and the University
Office Decorating & Costume Contest (October 2022)
2022 winning categories and recipients are as follows:
- Best Overall Presentation: Dean of Students
- Best Office Decorations: Dean of Students
- Best Costumes: USU Administration Office