Executive Committee (EC)
The Executive Committee (EC) meets weekly during the academic year, Wednesdays from
11:30 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. on non-Senate days; 11:30 a.m. to 12:20 p.m. on Senate meeting
days. A complete 22/23 meeting schedule is avaliable online.
Jump to: ONLINE INSTRUCTION TASK FORCE (An EC Subcommittee)
Faculty Representatives 22/23
- Yvonne Nalani Meulemans, Senate Chair (21-23)
- Alison R. Scheer-Cohen, Senate Vice Chair (22-24)
- Rika Yoshii, Senate Secretary (22/23)
- David Barsky, ASCSU Representative (22-25)
- Michelle Ramos Pellicia, ASCSU Representative (21-24)
- Quinn Keefer, APC Chair
- Joely Proudfit, ARACSJC Chair
- Alan Styles, BLP Co-Chair (EC Voting Member of BLP)
- Rika Yoshii, BLP Co-Chair
- Staci Beavers, FAC Chair
- Glen Brodowsky GEC Chair
- Terri Metzger, LC Chair
- Sandra Doller, NEAC Chair
- Sajith Jayasinghe, PAC Chair
- Rebeca Perren, SAC Chair
- Kristin Stewart TPAC Chair
- Cecilia Uy-Tioco, UCC Chair
Executive Committee Ex-Officio Members 22/23
- Ellen Neufeldt, President
- Carl Kemnitz, Provost
- Mary Oling-Sisay, Vice Provost
- Michelle Ramos Pellicia, CFA Chapter President
Committee Charge: The Executie Committee shall set the agenda of the Senate, refer tasks to Committees, coordinate work of the Academic Senate and Senate Committees, and prepare monthly reports of Senate activities. If necessary, the Executive Committee may be convened to formulate policies and act for the Senate when the Senate is not in session. During periods when neither the Senate nor the Executive Committee is in session, the Chair of the Senate mayact for the Senate and for the Executive Committee. In these cases, it is common practice for the Chair to consult with Executive Committee memers as a waay to inform his or her deciisons. Policy actions and other recommendations made by the Executive Committee in the name of the Senate when the Senate is not in session shall be brought to the next Senate meeting as information items.
A Subcommittee of EC: In Spring semester 2022, EC approved creation of an Online Instruction Task Force.
The work of this Task force is expected to continue into the Fall 2022 semester.
Link to OITF TEAMS Log-in
- Godfrey Gibbison, Dean, Extended Learning
- Regina Eisenbach, Dean, Academic Advising and Academic Programs
- Allison Carr, Director, Faculty Center
- Mary Oling-Sisay, Vice Provost
- Jennifer Ostergren, Dean (CEHHS) (appointed by the Provost)
- Norma Larios, Student Affairs Representative
- Barbara Taylor, IITS Representative
- Mary Stewart, Member, General Education Committee (GEC)
- Wendy Hansbrough, Member University Curriculum Committee (UCC)
- Staci Beavers, Member Faculty Affairs Committee (FAC)
- Kristin Bates, CHABSS Representative
- Suzanne Moineau, CEHHS Representative
- Talitha Matlin, Library Representative
- Kristin Stewart, CoBA Representative
- Lenuta Gonzales, CSTEM Representative
Committee Charge: The purpose of the Online Instruction Task Force (OITF) is to discuss how to revise policies, practices, and approval processes regarding online instruction post-pandemic. The Task Force will endeavor to conclude its work by Fall 2022 with delivery of its final report to the Executive Committee. The OITF will make recommendations to the Academic Senate and Provost addressing the following:
- The place of Online Learning within the University
- Guidance to Departments that may wish to provide majors/courses offered via an online modality.
- Being thoughtful about being a University of Place and the role Online learning could play.
- Recommend revisions to the Academic Policy Committee (APC) for the Online Learning
- Define Online Learning considering Department of Education, WASC changes to distance education definition, and where appropriate, professional accreditation standards.
- Specify requirements for Faculty preparation for Online curriculum delivery.
- Describe the approval process needed for modality changes to courses and programs.
- Consider what student support services are required in Online context.
- Determine how quality will be assured in fully Online programs.