department menu

Tax Information

  • If you need to report or update your social security number or tax ID number, please use this form.  

  • If you are an international student on the F-1 or J-1 visa status and do not have a SSN or ITIN, you do not have to fill out the W9-S or the form located above.

How to Access 1098-T form

Dear Student,

Your 1098-T form containing amounts billed for qualifying tuition and related expenses in 2015 is now available.  You can view and print your 1098-T by accessing your MyCSUSM Student Center and following the steps below: 

  1. In the “Finances” section, highlight the “View 1098-T” link and click the arrow button.
  2. Click on the green “Grant Consent” button to agree to receive your 1098-T electronically.
  3. Read the Consent Agreement, check the yes box and click the green Submit button.
  4. Click the “View 1098-T Selection” button and select the year you wish to view or print.

After viewing your form, if you have questions please refer to IRS Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education.

If you feel you have received this message in error, or if you have further questions, please contact Student Financial Services at 760-750-4490 or via email at: