Service Learning Faculty Institute
2021 Virtual Institute Overview
Service Learning Virtual Summer Teaching Institute
May 24-25, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM (Each Day)
The Service Learning Virtual Summer Teaching Institute will lead faculty step-by-step through the process of adding Service Learning into
an upcoming class. We will help you brainstorm ideas and introduce you to our database
of Community Partners seeking students. Speakers include community partners who will
discuss best practices and tips for success.
- Faculty of all ranks from all colleges are urged to apply. We strongly believe that
service can be added to any course.
- Faculty should describe any previous experience with service learning along with their
personal learning goals for this Institute.
- Applications will be taken April 20 - May 10, 2021.
- Notification by May 12. Accepted applicants will receive the event RSVP link by email.
- Learn More Here!
Compensation for Participation
- Participating faculty will receive $300.00 in professional develoment fund upon the
completion of the Institute.
- An additional $500.00 will be provided in professional development funds for newly
created service learning courses added to the AY2021-2022 scheduler.
For questions about the event or application, please contact Carol Cujec, Service
Learning Faculty Director at email@example.com.
Applications are due: Mon. May 10 | Notification of selection: Sun. May 16