On Campus Resources:
- Student Health and Counseling Services
- SHCS provides quality primary care, preventive services, mental health services, and wellness education to the CSUSM community.
- QuitGuide and quitStart at smokefree.gov by the National Institutes of Health
- Free smoking cessation app offering 24/7 Smartphone Support to reduce smoking behaviors based on smoking patterns, moods, motivation, and quitting goals.
- QuitGuide and quitSTART are available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Smokefree TXT by Centers for Disease Control
- Free 6-8 Week Text Messaging Program focused on assisting adults in the United States who are ready to quit smoking.
- To sign up, text "QUIT" to 47848
- SmokefreeVET by Centers for Disease Control
- Free 6-8 Week Text Messaging Program focused on assisting US Military Veterans who receive Health Care through the VA to quit smoking.
- To sign up, text "VET" to 47848
- Ditch JUUL by Truth Initiative
- Text Messaging Program aimed to help teens and young adults quit vaping through Peer Cessation Messages and Evidence-Based tips and strategies.
- To sign up, text "DITCHJUUL" to 88709
- California Smokers Helpline texting program
- Free text messaging program focused on supporting smoking cessation during the first important weeks of quitting. Daily text messages are tailored to help at critical points along the program. Offers a personal counselor that you can text questions and receive replies within one business day.
- To sign up, text "Quit Smoking" to 66819
- California Helpline for Vaping by California Department of Public Health and First
- Free resources for those who want to quit vaping.
- To speak to a counselor, call 1-844-8-NO-VAPE (1-844-866-8273).
- California Smokers' Helpline by California Department of Public Health and First 5
- Free telephone counseling and online help for those who want to quit all forms of tobacco usage, including smoking and vaping.
- To speak to a counselor, call 1-800-NO-BUTTS (1-800-662-8887).
- Become an EX by Truth Initiative in collaboration with Mayo Clinic
- Free step-by-step support for those who want to quit using tobacco products throughout every stage of their quit journey.
- To sign up, visit becomeanex.org/create-profile to enroll in your free account today.
- Step-by-Step Quit Guide by National Institutes of Health
- Free informative methods and techniques for how to formulate a plan to successfully quit smoking.
- To begin your free plan, visit smokefree.gov to view helpful tips and information.
- How to Quit by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Preventative information for non-smokers and motivational support for those who wish to quit smoking.
- To speak with a free quit coach, call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention - Quit Smoking by U.S. Department of Health
& Human Services
- Information on the health impacts of those who smoke tobacco products and free informational support on how to quit.
- To sign up for quit help, text "CDC" to 47848.
- American Cancer Society - Stay Away From Tobacco
- Free information for those who want to quit using tobacco products and how smoking is related to the development of cancer.
- To receive more information, call 1-800-227-2345.
- American Lung Association - Stop Smoking by National Health Council
- The long-term health effects of smoking tobacco products and information on how to quit as well as increase quality of life.
- To speak to a lung health expert, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872).