On Campus Resources:
- QuitGuide and quitStart at smokefree.gov by the National Institutes of Health
- Free smoking cessation app offering 24/7 Smartphone Support to reduce smoking behaviors
based on smoking patterns, moods, motivation, and quitting goals.
- QuitGuide and quitSTART are available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Smokefree TXT by Centers for Disease Control
- Free 6-8 Week Text Messaging Program focused on assisting adults in the United States
who are ready to quit smoking.
- To sign up, text "QUIT" to 47848
- SmokefreeVET by Centers for Disease Control
- Free 6-8 Week Text Messaging Program focused on assisting US Military Veterans who
receive Health Care through the VA to quit smoking.
- To sign up, text "VET" to 47848
- Ditch JUUL by Truth Initiative
- Text Messaging Program aimed to help teens and young adults quit vaping through Peer
Cessation Messages and Evidence-Based tips and strategies.
- To sign up, text "DITCHJUUL" to 88709
- California Smokers Helpline texting program
- Free text messaging program focused on supporting smoking cessation during the first
important weeks of quitting. Daily text messages are tailored to help at critical
points along the program. Offers a personal counselor that you can text questions
and receive replies within one business day.
- To sign up, text "Quit Smoking" to 66819