Applying to SSS
Fall 2023 Priority Application Period
The application is currently closed. We regret to inform you that we have reached full capacity for the number of students we can accommodate in the program.
Applications for spring 2024 will be available on December 1, 2023.
To be Admitted to the TRIO SSS Program
- Fill out a TRIO SSS Program application
- Submit application with all required signatures and income verification forms.
- If you need help, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Conditional admission letter issued two to three weeks after an application has been submitted.
- Interview with TRIO SSS Counselor to verify eligibility and fit for the TRIO SSS Program. At this interview you will also sign the TRIO SSS Program Contract.
- Attend required semester meetings with TRIO SSS Counselor/Advisor, academic success seminars, and TRIO SSS welcome days.
Eligibility is based on federally-funded criteria:
- Low-income (Low-income levels are determined according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (Neither parent completed a 4-year college degree)
- Have a verified disability
In addition, SSS Scholars must also be:
- Admitted and enrolled at CSUSM
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- Qualify for federal financial aid and have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file
- Have evidence of academic need as indicated on the SSS application