Applying to SSS
Spring 2023 Priority Application Period
- Application period (September 15 - April 30th, 2023)
Fall 2023 Priority Application Period
- Application period (March15 - August 15, 2023)
To be Admitted to the TRIO SSS Program
- Fill out a TRIO SSS Program application
- Submit application with all required signatures and income verification forms.
- If you need help, email: email@example.com
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Conditional admission letter issued two to three weeks after an application has been submitted.
- Interview with TRIO SSS Counselor to verify eligibility and fit for the TRIO SSS Program.
- Sign a TRIO SSS Program Contract (Mutual Responsibility Agreement).
- Attend required semester meetings with TRIO SSS Counselor/Advisor, academic success seminars, and TRIO SSS welcome days.
Eligibility is based on federally-funded criteria:
- Low-income (Low-income levels are determined according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (Neither parent completed a 4-year college degree)
- Have a verified disability
In addition, SSS Scholars must aslo be:
- Admitted and enrolled at CSUSM
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- Qualify for federal financial aid and have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file
- Have evidence of academic need as indicated on the SSS application