Applying to SSS
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Students are eligible to apply upon
admission to CSUSM.
The priority deadline for Spring 2022 applications will be January 15, 2022
ELIGIBILITY FOR TRIO SSS
Eligibility is based on federally-funded criteria:
- Low-income (Low-income levels are determined according to federal guidelines)
- First-generation college student (Neither parent completed a 4-year college degree)
- Have a verified disability
In addition, SSS Scholars must aslo be:
- Admitted and enrolled at CSUSM
- U.S. Citizenship or Legal Resident Status
- Qualify for federal financial aid and have a current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal
Student Aid) on file
- Have evidence of academic need as indicated on the SSS application
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR TRIO SSS
STEP 1: Read and review the application thoroughly.
STEP 2: Download the SSS Application here.
STEP 3: Complete the SSS Application to the best of your ability.
STEP 4: Gather the following supplemental documents to complete your application:
- Income Tax Return Form that shows your TAXABLE INCOME (usually the first 2 pages of
your Tax Returns) OR a statement with of your annual income information
STEP 5: Submit your completed application to email@example.com
If you have questions about whether you are eligible for or would benefit from SSS,
please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.