These application periods are applicable to to veterans and active-duty military only.
Deadlines must be met. No exceptions will be made.
The application period for spring semester admission is currently closed.
The application period for a Fall Semester admission is October 1 - March 31.
- After you apply you will:
- Receive CSU San Marcos campus ID by email
- Access MyCSUSM (application status updates)
Email is the primary mode of communication, be sure to enter your correct email address in the application.
- Orientation is required
- Orientation fee is waived if using post 9/11 GI Bill™
- Upon acceptance, check periodically as to when you can register for classes
- If you plan on using your GI Bill benefits, you will need the following documents:
- DD214 (Veterans only)
- Certificate of Eligibility
- VA GI Bill phone number, 1-888-GIBILL1 (1-888-442-4551) to request a copy via mail or you may also print a copy from EBenefits.
- If you print off a copy from EBenefits you must have a Premier account, which is free.
- After you login in, Manage--> Education --> Post 9/11 GI Bill™ Enrollment Status(pg
- 22-1995 Request Change of Program or Place of Training: (Only if you have used your GI Bill at another college/university and/or a change
of major). You will submit this directly to the VA, using VONAPP.