The first step in the application process is becoming informed about the academic programs at CSU San Marcos. Before you apply, please use our website to explore the options available to you. In particular, read the sections on Undergraduate Admission Requirements, Bachelor's Degree Programs and Estimated Expenses.
The mailing address of the International Admissions Office is:
- International Admissions Office
- California State University San Marcos
- San Marcos, CA 92096-0001
Inquiries can also be made by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Go to CSUMentor and complete the online application for CSU San Marcos. If you cannot apply online, please download an application.
- Complete the "Financial Statement and Affidavit" section of the application. Be sure to obtain the required "Bank Certification" to cover your estimated expenses for an academic year.
- Request that all official sealed academic transcripts (with English translation) be sent to the International Admissions Office.
- Request that an official TOEFL score report be sent to the International Admissions Office (Institution Code 5677). Please refer to the section on TOEFL requirements to determine if you are required to submit a TOEFL score.
- If you are admitted, you will receive an official notification along with an I-20 form. Before you can enter the United States, you must go to the U.S. Consulate to get your F-1 visa.Transfer students must notify their current institution of their intent to transfer to CSU San Marcos.
- Notify the International Admissions Office that you will be attending CSU San Marcos.