Admission to the Master of Social Work program requires a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 for the last 60 semester units or 90 quarter units of undergraduate course work.
Students must also have completed an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of 'C' or better; and have computing skills sufficient to complete graduate work, including word processing and statistical software programs.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed application on Cal State Apply (see How to Apply tab on the left).
- One set of official transcripts from each college and university attended reflecting official verification of graduation and a GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 semester (or 90 quarter) units completed. *Applicants cannot be admitted with a GPA under 2.50 in accordance with the policy of The Office of Graduate Studies.
- Completion of an undergraduate statistics course with a grade of 'C' or better.
- A resume including any volunteer, internship, or other paid or unpaid experience in social work or human services positions.
- Three electronic recommendations; including either two academic and one professional, or two professional and one academic reference. (Please note: personal references will not be accepted.)
- A personal statement (maximum of 2 pages- see PROMPT on How to Apply tab).
In accordance with Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) standards, the MSW program does not grant academic credit for previous life or work experience.