Program Costs, Financial Aid and Grants
MSW Program Tuition and Fees
CSUSM MSW tuition and University fees are subject to change based on CSU Board of Trustees and University mandates. Program and tuition fees do not include cost-of-living, books, or additional expenses.
60 units total are required to complete both the 2-year and 3-year programs, and 30 units for the 1-year Advanced Standing program. If you are accepted into the MSW program, you will be asked to pay a non-refundable $150.00 "intent to enroll" fee. This fee will be credited towards your first semester's tuition.
Tuition must be paid in full by the payment deadline each semester in order to avoid being dropped from your courses.
State-Supported 1 and 2-Year Program Options
The 1 and 2-year MSW program options are state-supported graduate programs. Review State-supported graduate tuition and fees costs.
Extended Learning (Self-Support) 3-Year Online Program
The 3-year Online MSW program option is an Extended Learning program. The cost of tuition is $530.00 per unit. In addition to tuition, students pay University fees each semester. Tuition and fees may increase during your degree program - Extended Learning Fees . *There is no difference in tuition cost for out-of-state students in Extended Learning programs.
Please note: the Cal Vet Fee Waiver may not be used for the Extended Learning 3-year MSW program option.
There are several options to pay for your courses and fees:
- Apply for a CSUSM Payment Plan through the Student Financial Services website.
- Payment plans are not offered during the summer semester.
- If you intend to seek financial aid, you are encouraged to submit your FAFSA application
prior to being admitted to the program. For additional information visit the Federal Student Aid website.
- The CSUSM school code is 030113.
- Once you have a completed financial aid application on file, course drop protection will be placed on your account to prevent you from being dropped from your courses.
- If you are a Veteran or a Veteran's dependent and have questions about what benefits
you may be eligible for, please visit the CSUSM campus Epstein Family Veterans Center website. You can also reach out directly via email: email@example.com or by phone: (760)750-4827. For specific information about other Extended Learning
programs, please visit the Military & Veterans Services website.
- Please note: the Cal Vet Fee Waiver may not be used for this degree program.
- Please note that effective December 2020, all Extended Learning credit card transactions will be charged a convenience fee of 2.65%. The convenience fee is subject to change.
- Please visit our program Financial Aid Resources page for additional scholarship and grant opportunities.