Mutual Responsibility Agreement
To maximize student success at CSUSM, you have chosen to participate in EOP. The following agreement was signed during your program orientation and formalizes your admission into the program.
EOP agrees to:
- Provide you with academic planning guidance that leads towards completing your degree.
- Assist you in clarifing academic and personal challenges that you may face and guide you to University resources that will help effectively manage and/or resolve them.
- Provide you with timely access to EOP counselors and provide you with critical information and deadlines necessary for you to persist and succeed.
- Assist you in becoming “system smart” by connecting you with other students and academic support professionals who can provide you with services that you need.
- Provide you with priority registration for the first two semesters at CSUSM.
- Provide eligible students with EOP grant aid as available.
Students agree to do the following:
- *Fulfill the two mandatory program contacts per semester with EOP within my first academic year. Of the two mandatory contacts, one contact must be with an EOP counselor and the other contact may be completed by one of the following:
- Have a second meeting with an EOP counselor.
- Meet with an EOP Peer Mentor.
- Participate in an approved sponsored event, such as workshops, student mixers, or other activity promoted by EOP.
- *After my first year, make one mandatory contact per semester with an EOP counselor.
- *If I fall below a 2.5 cummulative GPA after my first year, I will meet two times per semester until I bring my cummulative GPA to 2.5 or above.
- Complete the FAFSA or DREAM FAFSA every year before March 2nd (if eligible).
- Meet with my academic advisor, as needed, once my major is declared.
- Attend an Exit Interview with my EOP counselor before withdrawing and/or taking academic leave.
- Visit the Career Center to explore their resources and services to prepare for life after graduation and career planning.
*Note - If your contacts are not fulfilled within a given semester, a HOLD will be placed on your student account that will prevent you from registration.
All EOP students have committed to meeting the conditions of this agreement. If you do not, you may be dismissed from EOP and/or risk losing your EOP grant if awarded.